Oct 22, 2013

October Heaves




October heaves
17 days in
with a belly full of love
the ultimate blossom
from succulents to sweet jasmine
on this day every year
a birth occurs     
deep from within
the pedals and leaves and stems all become her
while orange peel and grapefruit mist
hang delicately in the air
it makes me tremble in a rhythm quite unfair
that thefts my breath and strips me bare
So I sing the same song
as she escapes to the sea
with the seals and their whiskers
busking our shared melody
She moves in water
like the canoe through the reeds
harvesting/collecting
wild rice from the mindful seed

-to my darling birthday girl

1 Comments:

Anonymous lamber said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Bobbi. Nice work T.

October 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home