Jun 15, 2012

Slowly. Sweetly. Sung.


-for my girl in Ipanema

I’ll be the eye that no one sees
I’ll be the ear that no one hears
I’ll be in your breath
Shot from a secret lung
And live in your mind pushing memory
Slowly. Sweetly. Sung.

I’ll be the air
That only you breathe
I’ll be that bird
That lives in your tree
I’ll show you a place
Where drops of mercy fall
And bathe your face in memory
Slowly. Sweetly. Sung

Speed the sound
We’re rolling down the road
Feel the ground
Shifting its load
Shifting its load
Again

I’ll be the hand
That holds your head high
I’ll be the brook
That never runs dry
I’ll bring you the stars
So that you might sleep
A thousand nights full of memory
Slowly. Sweetly. Sung.

I’ll be the chest
For you to beat
I’ll be the earth
Under your feet
I won’t stand in your way
See me step aside
And watch the smoke of memory
Slowly. Sweetly. Sung.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thomas--

i loved this poem. started my day with it, here in maine. (somehow, i had failed to know about your blogspot till today. i'll be checking in. )

(the chest you can beat....
i understand that one.
every woman needs one of those.)

love to you
Joyce

July 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Barbara said...

Truly remarkable, Thomas. What an immense delight to start my day with this beautiful poem! Rock on...

July 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear you sing this - that is, if you share it - if it's not only for that lovely girl from Ipanema

xo

September 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home