Oct 20, 2011

Arcs (are straight lines)


There is a contest on the beach
and all the stories are supplied
hold your own hold your eyes
we'll run these stingers through the sand
and offer up one good side

I thought of you the other day
as I drew a perfect arc
you're out there and I'm doing my best
arcs are straight lines in progress
who offer up one good side

What I'm seeing ain't really there
at least not on this stretch of road
there's a break in the sky let's go on
and I'll tell you about it another time
and offer you one good side

Old standards sometimes live alone
not much can really touch them
it's nice to see them looking down on inventiveness
among the shells
who try so hard for one good side

Now there's no where left to go
if you leave from here they'll send you back
but what more could you need?
You got your own main street
with two good sides
two good sides

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home