May 6, 2008

lyrics


CREOSOTE

I love the smell of the creosote
She reaches up and grabs my throat
Brings me back to my Chicago years
Drinking whiskey and drinking beer

We would eat the cruellest of food
Greasy spoon greasy attitude
And the smoke would rise up and curl
In the hog butcher to the world

And you went overseas while I stayed on
And when you returned you discovered
That I was gone

We use to meet at the Charleston
Talk about all things and nothing
What about that time at the Rainbow Room
With Mike Watt and Kira too

You used to live in such a run down joint
We’d scare the rats but what was the point
We’d go to openings where I wouldn’t know a soul
In old factories still burnin coal

And I went overseas while you stayed on
And when I returned I discovered
That you were gone

Now it seems like a world away
The Sears Tower and Lake Michigan waves
But somewhere in the heart of that town
You’ll find us in the lost and found

-for hammer

1 Comments:

Blogger d.s. said...

grif's cop car. broken tuba. rainbo. vater

May 7, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home