May 6, 2008

lyrics


WHITE SURFACES

I see your shoes you’re back again
They’re in a row by the door
Why don’t you move them closer
So you can’t walk so far away no more
I’ve missed the sound of your footsteps
They seem to speak a million words
But you’ve been hidin or choosin
White surfaces so you can’t be heard

I can see a woman
I can feel her age
Somewhere between an infant
And a relic with silver hair
She’s always known about distance
But that don’t mean she’s strayed
Her footsteps are kept inside her head
But the echo is too big for her some days
You know that echo is too big

I’m going down to the woodpile
And I won’t go beyond
Got to keep that fire burning for there are many ways
In which to respond
There’s a wall of darkness
With many holes that leak
Nothingness onto my legs
And gets me where I am so weak
You know it gets me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home